Women in Wireless Special Interest Group
Positioning Yourself for Promotional Opportunities
Telecommunications and wireless, like many industries, are currently in the midst of historic disruption and transformation. With the cell phone industry peaking and new technologies emerging, many women are evaluating the optimal strategy to advance their career. Join us in an engaging discussion with key wireless industry women on the best way to position yourself for new promotional opportunities whether you are a corporate climber or entrepreneur.
Women in Wireless events are intended for anyone who identifies as female. Men are welcome as guests of women in attendance. All Wireless Technology Forum events are subject to our event policy as stated here. Additionally, Women in Wireless events are subject to our code of conduct.
Women creating a new generation of Female Technology Thought Leaders.
The mission of Women in Wireless is to connect, inspire, and empower women thought leaders in the wireless industry. This includes all innovative technology fields such as, but not limited to IoT, mobile, AR/VR, Smart Cities, CyberSecurity, Heathcare, FinTech, Retail Tech, Big Data, wearables, video and digital media.
Women in Wireless Co-Chairs
Our service projects are aligned with our vision of creating a new generation of Female Technology Thought leaders. We volunteer at ChickTech, an organization dedicated to inspiring and educating the next generation of women in tech.
We led the Alexa / Raspberry Pi workshop with ChickTech. In this workshop, we taught 7 high school girls how to make an Amazon Alexa from a Raspberry Pi and code a custom Alexa Skill (app).
Code of Conduct for Women in Wireless
- Women empowering women. No sabotaging. No backstabbing. No drama.
- We are an inclusive organization, and accept all women that are fabulous regardless of age, race, or lifestyle.
- All ideas proposed will be assigned to the original proposer to lead and execute the idea.
- Women are welcome at all events, and men can attend if they are a guest of a female member.
- All members must actively participate in our events.
- No harassment, physical, emotional, or otherwise.
- We place the integrity of professional competence above our own interests.
- We act with integrity, competence, and respect.
- We collaborate and share relationships, ideas and knowledge beyond boundaries.
- We seek and integrate a diverse range of perspectives, people and ideas.