Women in Wireless Special Interest Group
Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Our February Meeting focuses on an important issue: Sexual Harassment. Historically women have just “dealt” with sexual harassment in the wireless industry ‘for the sake of the business.’ Today with heightened awareness and the #MeToo movement, more reporting is finally happening. A panel of distinguished speakers will discuss how to report, prevent and define sexual harassment, in an effort to raise awareness in the wireless industry. Why is it important to talk about sexual harassment? Sexual harassment leads to increased absenteeism, high turnover of valuable staff and to a poor public image of the company. Please join us to learn more about this important topic.
Women in Wireless events are intended for anyone who identifies as female. Men are welcome as guests of women in attendance. All Wireless Technology Forum events are subject to our event policy as stated here. Additionally, Women in Wireless events are subject to our code of conduct.
Women creating a new generation of Female Technology Thought Leaders.
The mission of Women in Wireless is to connect, inspire, and empower women thought leaders in the wireless industry. This includes all innovative technology fields such as, but not limited to IoT, mobile, AR/VR, Smart Cities, CyberSecurity, Heathcare, FinTech, Retail Tech, Big Data, wearables, video and digital media.
Women in Wireless Co-Chairs
Our service projects are aligned with our vision of creating a new generation of Female Technology Thought leaders. We volunteer at ChickTech, an organization dedicated to inspiring and educating the next generation of women in tech.
We led the Alexa / Raspberry Pi workshop with ChickTech. In this workshop, we taught 7 high school girls how to make an Amazon Alexa from a Raspberry Pi and code a custom Alexa Skill (app).
Code of Conduct for Women in Wireless
- Women empowering women. No sabotaging. No backstabbing. No drama.
- We are an inclusive organization, and accept all women that are fabulous regardless of age, race, or lifestyle.
- All ideas proposed will be assigned to the original proposer to lead and execute the idea.
- Women are welcome at all events, and men can attend if they are a guest of a female member.
- All members must actively participate in our events.
- No harassment, physical, emotional, or otherwise.
- We place the integrity of professional competence above our own interests.
- We act with integrity, competence, and respect.
- We collaborate and share relationships, ideas and knowledge beyond boundaries.
- We seek and integrate a diverse range of perspectives, people and ideas.